09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Verbena Love








This plant is a perennial here in north Alabama.  We have four mounds now and the oldest one (last photo) has made another plant about a foot away.  Last year this plant grew to about 4 foot in diameter and is about 1 foot high in the center of the mound.  The blooms are beautiful in all the stages. 
I wish I could find different colors.  I'm going out today to look.

The butterflies love it as you can see in these posts.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So lush and pretty!

EG CameraGirl said...

The verbena is a lovely shade of lavender.

Pamela Gordon said...

Beautiful photos! I ddin't know they are a perennial in some areas as they are annuals here.

MadSnapper said...

exquisite! like fine lace or live jewels.

Judy said...

Oh, I wish I had that growing in my yard.