09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

Friday, April 13, 2012

The Pioneer Woman Cooks


I love it when a package arrives.  Especially when it brings a beautiful item.
An item with so many things in one package.

Food.  Color.  Photography.  Cats.  Dogs.  Horses.  Cows.  Kids.  Rural.  Life.


We watch several cooking shows and I have seen The Pioneer Woman television show a few times.
I like the show, but the airings usually coincide with other activities so I don't get to see it all the time.

I was interested in her cookbooks, but my friend's blog The Woman at the Well showcases many of her recipes.  So, I just visited Kerry's blog and The Pioneer Woman's blog and tried to be happy with that.

Kerry brought her book for me to see before I bought it and the decision was made.
I had to have one.

The book is beautiful so I had to share it.

It draws me for many reasons other than the simple, scrumptious, step-by-step recipes
(see book cover above title :)).

There are many, many photos in the book.
Beautiful photos of not just the food and food preparation, but photos from her life.


The first place I went was to the index.


Burgers.
I.Love.Burgers

I was going to include photos here of photos in the book, but the fine print said bla, bla, bla about reproducing bla, bla, bla, so I'm going to leave you curious with just my text that would go along with the photos.

Isn't that a wonderful looking burger and a beautiful photo of a burger?


Handsome men and horses.
If you like horses, there are many wonderful horses.


Cats.  What can I say about a cookbook with lots of cat photos.
Simply wonderful.


Kids.  Sweet photos of kids doing kid things.



If you just love beautiful books, I can recommend this one.


And then, there is The End.

And what a delightful end it is.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love a good mail day as well! Sounds like a great book you got there :)
I'm a new follower stoppong by from Claire Justine's hop :)
I cant wait to get my big order of jewelry parts in the mail!! I keep running to the mailbox every morning :P Next week I guess!

LindyLouMac said...

I have never heard of this cookery book, but it sounds different. I am delighted you found my photography blog and are now following, as here I am to follow back. I will add your badge and put you on my blog roll as well. Great to meet you Amy.

Anonymous said...

laughing at the "blahs" funny