09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Bridges, benches, and butterflies


The railroad bridge in Decatur is one of my favorites.  


This is at least the third time I have photographed it.  This park is a nice one and is between the railroad bridge and the main bridge into town crossing the Tennessee River in Decatur, AL.
I can't think of the name of the park or of the main bridge (old-timerz).

Update:  The park is Rhodes Ferry Park.



These painted butterflies are all over the "downtown" part of Decatur.






Linking with:




and with

Murrieta 365 SOOC Sunday


11 comments:

hamilton said...

both those bridges are very photogenic.

Kranky Granny said...

Yep, I am certainly going to have to make time to take a detour into Decatur next trip south.

I love this park, your photos are wonderful.

We had a fundraiser in St. Louis a few years ago where folks paid to decorate a similar style of butterfly for charity. You will find them all over the city. I love seeing that kind of local art in abundance. I have photographed horses, giant letter O's, cows and many other items done this way in different cities.

Tito Eric said...

Simply wonderful captures.

That's some place I'd like to spend a late afternoon and just relax.

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Oh, I would love to sit on one of those benches and watch the trains cross the river.

Anonymous said...

That looks like such a beautiful park!

Anonymous said...

I certainly can see why you love those bridges... I do too! Thank you for sharing on Weekly Top Shot... :-)

Anonymous said...

looks like it was a lovely day

MadSnapper said...

like the benches best and the buttefly next. the bridge is beautiful, and i always find when i photograph something over and over it is never exactly the same.

Judy said...

I love the butterfly! I love taking pictures of bridges but mine never turn out so great on the fly.

Debbie said...

beautiful images of a lovely place.

i adore the butterfly, i have one on my foot (a tat)!!

Unknown said...

Those pretty views are familiar from one of our favorite places to eat at The Daily Brew next to Rhodes Ferry Park!