09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

Thursday, September 12, 2013

September evening




We didn't have a summer garden this year, but Hubby has planted greens.
That is cotton behind him (not ours).  Most of it is shoulder height, but I understand that cotton is way behind this year due to our cooler, wetter summer weather.  Last year at this time, those plants were full of bolls opening with white fluffy cotton.  There are plenty of bolls out there, but very few of them are opening.  Hopefully, there is still time to get a decent crop.


 Even the dying Zinnias are pretty.


There is a bumper crop of poke salad along this fence also.
But not as pretty as last year's that you can see here.


Looks out of hand, doesn't it?
That's because it is. :)


And, finally, here is the other side of my friend from the other day.



Sharing with:





11 comments:

Our photos said...

WoW! beautiful photos!
Greetings, RW & SK

MadSnapper said...

your zinnia macros are just fantabulous... love each of them.. i remember the cotton from last year.. we have very few grapefruit now, there should be thousands of little golf ball sized ones and only 3 avocados. we had the wettest July even recorded here... ruined the citrus. the weather is crazy and it is going to hurt all the crops.

Gail Dixon said...

Boy, my zinnias this year were pathetic. Last year they were crazy wild. Hope the cotton comes through for y'all. Enjoyed your commentary and photos. Send some of your cool weather this way! :)

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

The cotton is really tall- why did I think it was a shorter crop? I hope it does well for you. The weather is so crazy this year!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

The cotton is a lot taller than I thought it would be! We were in cotton country last September, but I didn't realize how tall it was.

Your Zinnias shots are beautiful!

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

I remember your cotton photos from last year. I don't remember it being this tall either.
I hope your husband is doing well.

Brian King said...

Even out of hand, they look nice! Our flowers are on their way out, too. I love the last photo!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, Amy! Just love your flower photos today. Our garden flowers are out of control as well, but it's nearly mid September so I guess it's expected. xox

Anne Payne said...

Out of hand is so much better ;) all fantastic images, especially the last one.

Unknown said...

I think that's one of the cleanest gardens I have seen. And I believe the friend is actually ignoring you now. Enjoyed the photos!

Rose said...

Not sure which I like best of these...they are all wonderful.