09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

Sunday, September 22, 2013

On the bandwagon


Is that the way the saying goes?


Especially since Fall has always been my favorite season, I can't let the first day of fall go by without posting a leaf.  There are a few colorful leaves on our trees already.  Just a few.


These blue pearls are the remains of my Lantana.  The blooms are pink and yellow all in the same flower.  Go figure that the seed pods turn blue.  It must be the most colorful flower I have had.
(I'm just assuming that those are seed pods, I didn't Google it.)


And my trustworthy Poke Salad which is always ready and willing for a photo to be taken.
I'll say it again because I know it is a stereotype food for southerners . . . No, we don't grow Poke Salad on purpose and we don't eat it.  It grows wild along the garden fence with my Zinnias.  Hubby was going to clean it out, but I asked him to leave it.  Yes, so I could take photos of it again this year.


Happy Fall !!!



8 comments:

Pamela Gordon said...

Great photos! I've never seen poke salad and had no idea what it was other than words in the song "poke salad Annie". ;) I must watch my lantana and see if it makes blue berries too. They're pretty!

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Beautiful photos for Fall, Amy. I thought Poke salad was a salad you made with poke berries.

Judy said...

Awe, such beautiful fall photos!

Our photos said...

Beautiful photos!
Greetings, RW & SK

MadSnapper said...

the blue is amazing. i love lantana but have never seen the blue pods or seeds or whatever they might be.

Gail Dixon said...

Yay for fall! My favorite season, too. That red maple leaf is so so pretty. The lantana pods look like grapes - interesting!

Brian King said...

Beautiful! I love the fall temperatures. We're not quite there yet.

Rose said...

Gorgeous shots!