09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Credit, where credit is due




I don't deserve credit for the beauty in this subject matter (and I'm not insinuating that this looks like a professional image - just saying).

A dreary very overcast, very early February morning photograph was transformed into something better by the magic of computer software.

Camera Raw:  Exposure +0.8 and Noise reduction
PS CS5:  Screen layer 100%

SOOC - straight out of camera

I didn't do it well.
A true photographer would have had a much better image SOOC.
I think my ISO was at 3200.


This image was not "enhanced" by software, it was "fixed" by software and it still has issues.

And, I over-cropped it.

Here is a version using an applied texture by Kim Klassen
after the same Camera Raw adjustments above.

So when you see a photograph that you like, just remember that everything is not always what it appears to be.




3 comments:

Madge Bloom said...

It is lovely regardless...

Abi said...

What a great post, thanks for the honesty... I love the before and after!

Kaye said...

Beautiful Amy. I need to get some note cards of your pics with flowers, etc. They are absolutely beautiful.